Watermelon Self Assessment



In celebration of all things assessment, I've just shared one of my favourite self-assessment tools in my TeachersPayTeachers store for FREE! 
And, as you may have guessed, it has to do with watermelons! 

What you'll find in my Watermelon Self Assessment resource are 2 simple posters:

 



But, as beautiful as these posters are, they don't do much on their own. 
What you'll need next are some super cute watermelon paddle-pop sticks!





Most teachers would have access these materials through their school, but if not, all in all, it won't cost you much more than $15!

I bought these from my local $2 dollar store and was really happy with the quality. 

Note: I purchased thicker paddle-pop sticks than the standard size, I want them to last as long as possible, plus I like the look of them!



Once you've marked the centre line on both sides, start painting!


I temporarily re-homed some eggs to use their carton for paddle-pop stick drying purposes!

Allow them to dry then paint the other side! 


Once both sides are done, use a marker to draw on some seeds.


Voila! 


Label each paddle-pop stick with your student's names.

Now you're ready to go!


Ready to get started? 

Download your FREE copy of my watermelon self assessment posters instore!



Also, don't forget to follow my Facebook page to stay up to date on all things assessment!


Happy Teaching!
Jess :) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 teaching apps that will save you time and energy! Seesaw meets Explain Everything

Welcome!